Why Is This Topic Important?
Several farmers, ranchers, and industry groups are leading the way on the issue of climate change.
What Will Be Learned In This Presentation?
These panelists will share how their farm or industry is responding to climate change, what factors are driving their decision to make changes, and the impact of climate change on long-term planning. This moderated session will encourage audience questions and facilitate exchange of ideas on how the agriculture industry can meet this challenge.
David Smith, Southwest Region Coordinator Animal Agriculture and Climate Change Project, Texas A&M University firstname.lastname@example.org and Liz Whitefield, Western Region Coordinator, Washington State University
- Jamie Burr – Tyson Foods, Chair National Pork Board Environment Committee
- Abe Collins – cattle grazier, Cimarron Farm, Regenerative Farmscaping consultant, Board Member Soil Carbon Coalition
- Paul Helgeson – Sustainability Director with Gold’n Plump Chicken
- Bryan Weech, Director Livestock & MTI Commodity Lead, World Wildlife Fund
- Andy Werkoven – dairyman and anaerobic digester co-owner, Werkhoven Dairy Inc., 2012 winner of US Dairy Sustainability Award